Made some pumpkin cookies today - had about 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin left. Decided to take some chickpeas and the leftover pumpkin and whip up a hummus of sorts - no too bad!
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas (I only added what I needed of this to smooth the hummus out)
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I went for 3 cloves... kiss me!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Also sprinkled in some red pepper flake and a little bit of nutmeg
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.